We have done our best to make Passenger user-friendly, but it is still possible for users to get stuck or to need help. So before we conclude this tutorial, we will teach you how to get help.
Although this Library is a good source of information on using Passenger, you do not have to consult this Library for everything. Passenger is self-documenting: every Passenger command supports the
--help option, which will provide you with basic information about the command, its behavior and its syntax.
Here is an example of
$ passenger --help Phusion Passenger Standalone, the easiest way to run web apps. Available commands: passenger start Start Phusion Passenger Standalone. passenger stop Stop a Phusion Passenger instance. passenger status Show the status of a running Phusion Passenger instance. Run 'passenger <COMMAND> --help' for more information about each command.
Many Passenger commands support subcommands. These subcommands, too, support
--help. The above output already suggested that you can run
passenger start --help:
$ passenger start --help Usage: passenger start [DIRECTORY] [OPTIONS] Starts Passenger Standalone and serve one or more web applications. Server options: -a, --address HOST Bind to the given address. Default: 0.0.0.0 -p, --port NUMBER Use the given port number. Default: 3000 ...
So if you want to know what a command does and whether its behavior can be modified, please do not hestitate to pass
Where to get support
If you are stuck with a problem, please do not hesitate to contact one of the support resources. Passenger has a friendly community of users who look out for each other. We – Passenger's authors – are also ready to help you whenever we can.
- Troubleshooting guide
- Please check our troubleshooting guide, which not only teaches you how to analyze problems, but also lists solutions for common problems.
- Community discussion forum
- Post a message here if you are experiencing problems. Support on this forum is provided by the community on a best-effort basis, so sometimes a bit of patience will help.
- Github issue tracker
- If you are experiencing a problem that you believe is a bug, please report it here.
- Security vulnerabilities email address
- Please report security vulnerabilities to email@example.com. We will do our best to respond to you as quickly as we can, so please do not disclose the vulnerability until then.
- Priority support for Enterprise customers
- If you are a Passenger Enterprise customer, then you are eligible for basic priority support. Please submit your support ticket via the interface in the customer area.
For most customers, this basic priority support has a response time of 3 working days, with a maximum of 1 support incident per month. Please consult your contract for the exact support level that you are eligible for.
- Premium support contracts
- We also provide premium support contracts for those who desire higher support levels, for example 24x7 phone support with a response time of 1 hour.
Getting help on Passenger is easy. Quick documentation is available through the
--help command line option. And when you are stuck, we have plenty of support resources such as the community discussion forum.
Please continue to the Conclusion.